FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
May 22, 2014
CONTACT: Leslie Mead, firstname.lastname@example.org
Seven Communicators to Receive Sullivan Fund Grants
Washington, DC – Advisors of the Cooperative Development Foundation’s Sullivan Fund recently approved nearly $3,200 in grants to support training for cooperative communicators. The grants were awarded to:
- Teri Ditsch of Blue Hawk Cooperative (Chandler, AZ) attended the February CCA West/South Central Professional Development Workshop in Sacramento, CA
- Courtney Hennis of Crystal Valley Cooperative (Lake Crystal, MN) was a panelist at the CCA Professional Development Workshop in Sacramento, CA in February
- Janice Welsheimer of Wilt Public Relations, Inc (Springfield, OH) and Cassie Durand of CDF (Washington, DC) to attend the 2014 Cooperative Communicators Institute in Pittsburgh, PA
- Three Rivers Food Co-op (Fort Wayne, IN) to send Heather Grady, the marketing Team leader, to NCGA’s Marketing Matters training session in May 2014.
- Mariah Battiston of Parent Cooperative Preschools International (PCPI) to attend the 2014 PCPI Conference in Washington, DC
- Wild Root Market (Racine, WI) to send Marcia Buhler, chair of the marketing/communications committee, to the 2014 Consumer Cooperative Management Association Annual Conference (CCMA) in Madison, WI
The Shirley K. Sullivan Fund was established in 1998 by The Cooperative Communicators Association (CCA) to honor of longtime member Shirley Sullivan, a senior editor at Southern States Cooperative. The purpose of the Fund is to promote the professional development of cooperative communicators. The Fund does this through educational grants to attend professional development seminars or classes and other leadership development activities.
The Cooperative Development Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit foundation headquartered in Washington, DC. CDF’s mission is to promote community, economic and social development through cooperative enterprises. (www.cdf.coop).